The weekend is now upon us and many potential buyers will be out and about visiting open houses on Sunday. If your home is currently listed for sale, an open house is a great way to draw buyers in. But before hosting an open house consult with your Realtor and take the following necessary steps to ensure a successful open house.
– Take advice from your real estate agent. Walk through the home together and take note of any suggestions for improvement the agent might give. Most importantly, be open to critique.
– Make any sort of repairs or updates before hosting an open house. You want your home to look its best on Open House day. Take the time to fix leaky faucets, chipped paint or cracked tile. Not only will this make your home more appealing, it will clear up any issue that may occur once the house is under contract.
– Get rid of the clutter. Removing unnecessary clutter will help potential buyers see the true beauty of your home. You don’t want an untidy or cluttered room to mask your home’s true potential.
– Eye-catching curb appeal will really get the attention of buyers as they approach the house. Planting flowers or adding window boxes can really dress up the exterior of the house. If the exterior brick needs work, consider having it re-pointed.
– Properly cleaning and staging your home will go a long way with potential buyers.
– Work with your real estate agent in getting the word out about your Open House! Your agent will market the open house as much as possible to draw in prospective buyers.
– Another great tip for sellers is to take on a buyer’s perspective. Walk through your home without any bias and find things to work on. This will truly help in the sale of your home.
If you are looking to list your home for sale, do not hesitate to contact the Center City Listings team!